Home made 粽子
In the past, my mum will make 3 types of dumpling (more than 100 of dumplings):
1) Kee Chang (Plain Dumpling). Green in colour and usually are eaten with some sugar.
2) Ba Chang (肉粽)
3) Nonya Chang (娘惹粽) Different flavour due to different fillings used.
Now, she only do two types (No. 1 and 3) and probably about 40-50 for each type. Usually the meat dumplings made by my mum are huge. While it is tasty and yummy, it does not sit well for my digestive system. Thus, I have requested my mum to reduce the size of her dumplings over the years. Now, the size is nice (slightly more than 50% reduction from her original size). In the photo above, the smaller dumpling (because it was the last one made with the remaining ingredients) is so small (like sushi). You can simply put the whole thing in your mouth at one go!
Wow... so tiny! How many would I have to eat to get full? :D I usually have to buy if I want to eat. :(
ReplyDelete